Unfortunately living in the UK we are not always blessed with wonderful weather during our British summer time when wedding season is at its most busiest but we are blessed with some beautiful venues in spectacular locations to take your wedding vows.
So with ‘themes’ in mind we are going to be looking at as many wedding theme ideas we can think of over the coming weeks and we will then share our ideas to you, the bride and groom. If you would like to contribute to our wedding themes and have ideas that you would like to share with us, please do let us know and we will include them in our blog. The Ambience A-Z of wedding Themes…
It doesn’t matter that we may not have sunshine outside but a beach wedding theme can bring the sunshine inside and there are lots of ways that you can have your beach theme wedding without even getting on a plane. Having all of your ideas in one place is good for planning and we think the best place to start building your wedding theme mood board is in Pinterest. We have been pinning some excellent ideas that we are finding just by looking through Pinterest, see our likes so far here.
A beach theme will bring lots of fun and the list is endless as to what you can do for styling this wedding theme. Blue and white is always a good place to start with your colours for a beach wedding and maybe adding little touch of red – we think the navy blue taffeta will look great styled on your chairs with a finishing touch of a chair embellishment like a mini star fish, a shell or a boat steering wheel. If you don’t want this type of addition, add a beautiful small sunflower.
- The blue and white theme can be introduced with your wedding cake, the ribbon dressing being around the bottom of the tiers of your cake could be matching blue and the décor can be the chair charm you have chosen. Wedding cakes look fantastic dressed like this but if want something bigger take a look at our recent blog about wedding cakes, you will be surprised what you can do.
- Your invitations could be sent to your gets in mini bottles – a wedding invite in a bottle.
- Place name setting can be used in the shape of shells, boats or even pebbles, have someone with beautiful writing write them on for you.
- Hang festoon lighting around your venue to give an outdoor harbour feeling in the evening … if you are lucky enough to have a great day these can be hung in the gardens of your venue too.
- Table names could be names of fantastic beaches from across the world each with its own unique picture, for a bit of fun photo shop an image of you both sunning yourselves at each table name.
- Favours could be sunglasses of all different colours for everyone to use within your photograph booth along with flip flops for the ladies who have tired feet later on in the evening.
- Centre pieces styled with storm vases with large pillar candles surrounds by beautiful shells and stones collected from the beach.
If you would like to see some more ideas of a beach themed wedding take a look at our Pinterest board for inspiration
Not all of the pins within our Pinterest boards are our own work and any mention has been made if they are not Ambience Venue Styling’s ideas.