When you first start planning your wedding it can feel a bit like a whirlwind has hit you. Although you may have had ideas about your dress, the venue, your flowers and your bridesmaids for a long while. It’s something else when you start having to think practically and within your budget.
That’s why we think wedding fairs and events are such a good idea. They give you the opportunity to browse through what’s on offer. You can discover new trends or talk to florists, dress designers, caterers and the venue’s wedding coordinator. You’ll probably come across new ideas you’ve never even thought of! You can also touch and feel the actual product as things often look different in photographs, so it’s really worthwhile seeing them for real.
A wedding fair or event is a great day out and you’ll discover new trends too
A great day out
Our advice to you would be not to be too fixed in your plans when you start. However you must set a budget from the get go and stick to it – that’s the golden rule. Try on plenty of different bridal gowns, don’t begin by thinking that only a particular style is for you. Be a bit adventurous and put on what the sales assistants suggest. A really fun thing about wedding fairs is that there is often a bridal fashion show going on so you can see how particular dresses look and move when they’re being worn. A fair is a great day out for you, your mum and your bestie!
Talk to florists about the time of year you’re going to get married and see what’s in season. That’s a more cost-effective way of sorting your wedding flowers and definitely more eco-friendly. At a wedding fair you’ll also get to meet caterers and may even get to do some tastings!
Ambience stand at a wedding fair in Bradford
Wedding fairs and Ambience Venue Styling experts
Our stylists will be taking part in wedding fairs and events around the country, including all of those listed below. We’re a friendly bunch and we’d love you to come along, say hello and discuss your plans. That doesn’t hold you to anything it’s just a friendly chat. However, using one of our stylists could really help with your wedding planning, take a weight off your mind and even save you money because you won’t have to spend anything buying your own props to decorate your wedding venue. You may even find that they’re able to help with more than you thought! They’re also a friendly shoulder to lean on when things feel a bit overwhelming because they’ve styled plenty of weddings and have masses of experience that you can benefit from. Meeting the person you’re going to be entrusting your big day to is really reassuring!
Whether you’re down in the West Country near Exeter or up in Scotland in Edinburgh, come along and say hi at any of the wedding fairs and events below. If you click on the name of the town, you’ll be able to see more details of our stylist covering that area.
And if you’d like to hear about what other brides have said about using our stylists, check out our testimonials here.
setting the mood with lighting at a local wedding fair
- Taplow House Hotel, Sunday 25th September 2016 – 12pm to 3.30pm
- Elephant Hotel, Sunday 9th October 2016 – 12pm to 4pm
- Ufton Court, Sunday 16th October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Lillibrooke Manor, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Hilton Reading, Sunday 30th October 2016 – 11am to 3.30pm
Bradford & Halifax
- The Devonshire Arms, Sunday 25th September 2016 – 12pm to 4pm
- East Riddlesden Hall, Sunday 9th October 2016 – 12pm to 3pm
- Hollins Hall, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
Burton upon Trent
- The Brewery Centre, Sunday 18th September 2016 – 11am to 3.30pm
- Cattow’s Farm, Sunday 25th September 2016 – 11am to 3.30 pm
- The Glades, Sunday 9th October 2016 – 11am to 3.30pm
- Burton Town Hall, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 11am to 3.30pm
- Burton Town Hall Open Evening, Thursday 10th November 2016 – 7pm to 9pm
- The Wedding Show at WestPoint Exeter, Saturday and Sunday 8th and 9th October 2016 – 10am to 4pm
- The Old Barn at The Milky Way, Sunday 5th February 2017 – 11am to 4pm
- Clovelly, Sunday 2nd April 2017 – 11am to 2pm
- Dalhousie Castle Wedding Fair, Sunday 25th September 2016 – 12pm to 3pm
- Norton House Hotel Wedding Fair, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 12pm to 4pm
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange Wedding Fair, Saturday and Sunday 5th and 6th November 2016 – 11.30am to 4.30pm
Harrogate & North Yorkshire
- The Crown Hotel Harrogate, Sunday 25th September 2016 – 12pm to 4pm
- Yorkshire Bridal Fair at Pavilions of Harrogate, Sunday 2nd October 2016- 11am to 3pm
- York Racecourse, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 10.30am to 3pm
- Tickton Grange, Sunday 18th September 2016, 11am to 3pm
Lancashire South West
- Bolton School Showcase, Monday 31st October to 5th November 2016 Appointments available through Bolton School
- Bolton School Wedding Fair, Sunday 6th November 2016 – 12pm to 4pm
- Mercure Georgian House Wedding Fair, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 12pm to 3pm
- Village Hotel Leeds North Wedding Fair, Sunday 11th September 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Village Hotel Leeds North Wedding Open Day, Sunday 25th September 2016 – 11am to 4pm
- Chevin Country Park Hotel Wedding Open Evening, Thursday 29th September 2016 – 4.30pm to 8.30pm
- Oulton Hall Hotel Wedding Open Day, Sunday 9th October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Chevin Country Park Hotel Wedding Fair, Sunday 16th October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Leeds Beckett University Great Hall Wedding Fair, Sunday 23rd October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Chevin Country Park Hotel Wedding Open Evening, Thursday 27th October 2016 – 4.30pm to 8.30pm
- Denton Hall Wedding Fair, Sunday 30th October 2016 – 11am to 3pm
- Chevin Country Park Hotel Wedding Open Evening, Thursday 24th November 2016 – 4.30pm to 8.30pm
A wedding fair stand by our Buckinghamshire based stylist