Most brides want to look their very best on their wedding day – which often involves toning up, losing a few pounds and hitting the gym.
Even if you’re not fussed about losing weight, taking exercise and keeping up your fitness is a good way of dealing with pre-wedding stress. If you’re starting to feel like the run-up to your wedding day is turning into a bit of a marathon don’t worry. You’re just experiencing what the majority of busy brides-to-be experience.
You may have a busy job, kids and a wedding that needs planning so it is handy to have a professional stylist dealing with the styling of your wedding.
Keep fit and you’ll be less inclined to eat junk food. You’ll keep your immune system in good order and of course you will be in your very best shape. You’ll feel healthier and are less likely to pick up any coughs, colds or bugs that are lurking about which you certainly don’t want to be suffering from on your big day.
To help you on your way, we’ve looked out some fitness apps you can use whilst you are on the move. Best of all, most of them are completely free.
You might also be wanting to save on gym fees whilst you’re budgeting for your wedding and an app can help you to stay motivated to exercise at home or go out running. It’s a bit like having a personal trainer in your pocket but less expensive!
1. Nike Training Club Designed especially for women, this app will help you to tone, shape up and realise your full potential. It’s for different levels – beginner, intermediate and expert fitness so you can adjust accordingly. A great one to stay motivated. Free.
2. Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker This is a great one because you can keep track of what you’re eating, work out if you’re burning it off and chat about your progress with your friends. When you realise how long it’s going to take you to burn off that bar of chocolate, you may change your mind about it and have something healthier and with fewer calories instead!
3. Map My Run, this is more than running, it will keep a GPS eye on all your workouts. Whether you’re running, walking the dog, swimming, skiing or cycling. Download this free app and you can check at the end of the day or after every outing just how far you’ve gone and how many calories you’ve burned. An interesting insight into your fitness.
4. Pocket Yoga To get really supple and flexible, it’s best to run through yoga poses every day. With an app like this, that’s much easier than having to commit to going to a class all the time. A useful voice-over runs you through all the poses and shows you the calories you’re burning. You can also set aside the time you have available whether it’s an hour or just 30 minutes – it all counts towards the end result. £2.99
5. Daily Arm Workouts Chances are your arms are going to be on display at some point on your wedding day, even if they’re covered up in the ceremony. Flabby, out of shape arms are not great and won’t give the effect you’re after. You’ll feel more confident about showing them off if you follow the exercises given in this workout, which will help you to keep them toned and trimmed. It won’t be long before you see results. Note – Michelle Obama has got amazing upper arms in her fifties and she exercises them everyday, so that’s something to think about.