As venue stylists we are always being asked to style around ‘themes’ and we do get some wonderful styling themes to put together.
So with ‘themes’ in mind we are going to be looking at as many wedding theme ideas we can think of and put some ideas together for you, the bride and groom. If you would like to contribute to our wedding themes and have ideas that you would like to share with us, please do let us know and we will include them in our blog. The Ambience A-Z of wedding Themes…what have so far:
A is for Alice in Wonderland
An Alice in Wonderland wedding theme is exciting and fun, not only for the children at your wedding but also for the adults! One of the best places to start building your wedding theme mood board is in Pinterest. We have been pinning some excellent ideas that we are finding just by looking through Pinterest, see our likes here.
So where do you start? We are putting together some ideas for you and we will keep adding to our list as we find more ideas to share with you. “It will be a wonderful wedding day in wonderland”.
- Save the Date cards if you are sending them starts your wedding theme, a playing card with the details on the rear.
- Wedding invitations will follow in theme from Save the Date cards. With an Alice in Wonderland theme there are many styles that you can create, why not an invitation from the White Rabbit letting your guests know not to be late for a very important date!
- Wedding decoration and the styling has presents lots of options and will be exciting to put together. For instance, the top table can be set out with lots of different styles of teapots, mis-matched cups and saucers which can be created on your guests tables too. Combine the different sizes from doll’s house sizes to plant pot sizes, this will look really effective and will bring lots of fun to your tables.
- Place flowers into some of the large tea cups to create your table centre pieces.
- Scatter confetti on the tables in the shape of keys and door keyholes.
- Hang vintage style signs with the words “this way”, “that way”, “up”, “down” along with quotes from the film making your wedding venue into Tugley Wood.
- If your venue allows you to you could obtain a tree branch and hang a Cheshire cat or just the image of a ‘gin’ within the tree. Make this a back drop of your top table and your venue is already starting to looking like a wonderland wood.
- Place playing cards around the room, add them to the table tea cup centre pieces or use large playing cards as table numbers.
- Your wedding cake could take on the many areas of an Alice in Wonderland theme which we have pinned some idea’s within our Pinterest board feature for this blog.
What would you choose as your main colour theme though?
Whilst there are many things you can introduce into a wedding theme like Alice in Wonderland, some of our favourite items that we found were the cake tags, attaching the labels to the jars and food with ‘eat me’ or ‘drink me’ on. This can look great and creates the feel of a wedding tea party.
Have fun at your Alice in Wonderland themed wedding!
Not all of the pins within our Pinterest boards are our own work and any mention has been made if they are not Ambience Venue Styling’s ideas.